That's How We Met

     It was a cloudy day. After finishing listening to the speech, I said goodbye to my friends, thought it was prosaic and pedestrian for all, and left nothing so special. Somehow my fantasy broke out my mind, pondering if he came over or walked by, then I could have greeted him with my best. Yes, I could show my fervor to him for bumping into each other. I could say, "Hey! Lucas!" with my high-spirited sound and my radiance. Or I could greet "Hi, Lucas," with my benign smile revealing and tender voice speaking. Or rather, I just gave more inner intensity, greeting "Hello, Lucas..." with a deep feeling in my eyes and attractive sound. Yes, I'll do that as he would come for sure. But why, it seemed that I just only think of that, of him, and of the relationship between he and I. 
     And when I walked a while, I looked forward... hey, wait, someone came over here, looking so familiar. Gosh! It was him! Yes, undeniably, I would have prepared myself for that moment, and it was so long that I was wanting for. Just show it and no more worry, which I talked to myself. But, damn it! Why was he still walking down the slope? So far from me, causing some invisible awkwardness to exude someway. Most puzzling, is that he wore sunglasses as if he was looking at me in some certain direction but would let no one judge his eyes. Feeling uncertain, I began fiddling with my hair unconsciously, aiming with my eyes disorderly. 
     It was a hard period before greeting him. I showed him nothing when coming into the office, met him without emotion, eye-contact, and even showed no greeting at all. And it had ruined me more or less, which I took it quite seriously but couldn't get it down. I still remembered that he was waiting somebody to help with something knotty, standing lonely for a short time with sudden embarrassment. Beside him, I was working with my computer and missed him unaffectedly. At that time, we acted like strangers and seemed to be the strangers beyond all doubt.
     Now, the more he came, the more certain I had. It was the time for all I know. And everything seemed to become tranquil at the moment. He walked toward me, and I walked toward him. Finally, we were two meters within. Everything came out with the spontaneity.
     "Hi, Lucas." 
He looked straight at me, soon smiled increasingly without any thought,
     "Hello, Amber." 
     His voice was so stable as if he was lecturing in the class, officially talking like that. No more words from him. Everything became so certain. And he could be my friend though. 
     "Good memory, huh?" I replied to him at last, which the words occurred to me only on my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea