On Maggie Chen's Essay─ 3 Idiots (part II)

1.     The unfortunate truth is that the system forces people to pursue success rather than excellence. My belief is that if you pursue excellence, success is bound to follow. Most people do not know the secret to success.” ─ Maggie Chen

     My belief is that if you have the introspection and passion on what you’re interested in, success will come to you around the corner.
     “Who am I?” “What am I fighting for for success’ sake?” Somehow I think the problem is the “I” which should be valued and understood by us. In addition, you mentioned that the system brings us to pursue success. However, I consider the problem is not the relationship between success and excellence. I’d like to say it’s the ability for people to examine themselves on their own. Instead of being restrained from the system, we should discover the way we live and our enthusiasm. Because most people are like sheep and would like to follow the herd, how to break new ground is quite important.
     Hence, in my opinion, the way to success is that you know yourself perfectly and then make the decision rightly, following your passion and strive for it in the end.


2.      “In my opinion, I think Taiwan’s education system is similar to the movie’s plots”did they feel interested in the knowledge? No, they just feel stressed.” “Learning should be the most interesting things in our lives…”
 ─ Maggie Chen

     Certainly, there are some problems for Taiwan’s education. As you’ve mentioned there are the similar problems of education in Taiwan and India. But how can we improve? If you point out the problem, then the solution is also important to bring out. For instance, the lack of imagination, creativity, consideration, toleration or the active behavior in the class etc, these themes or other can also be discussed in terms of education in your opinion. Besides, I think the movie tries to show us the problem so that we can improve them rather than just comparing.


3.     ““Aal lzz well.” Although we cannot resolve problem, we gain courage to face it.” “when I encounter plights, I put my hand on my heart, saying “Aal lzz well.” It really works. I have energy to go on. ” ─ Maggie Chen

     How do you manage to overcome the difficulties by merely saying this word and putting your hand on your heart? Of course you gain the comfort by doing it. However, I think there is something unclear for your description in courage.
     In this part, I don’t think everybody can do this simple way for being courageous because people are different from their personalities, characters and way of thinking. In this case, I consider there might be various methods which are suitable for each person in terms of courage. For me, this method can’t work actually. So I think you can try to describe it clearly or point out precisely in this part. I’m just curious about the process of your feeling which can be motivated by the word and even changed into a courageous attitude.









  • Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

    Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

    A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

    Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

    Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea