Hopes or Fears, Let's Wait and See



Keane has mentioned that their new album would return to the previous style such as the album Hopes and Fears. Still, there is a mixture feeling for me to consider as a combination of excitement and anxiety. Well, let's talk about the excitement first. As they have changed their musical style in gigantic way since 2008, their uniqueness has lost for a great degree. But it turns out that I am kinda like thier breakthrough even though Perfect Symmetry and Night Train had decreased the degree of affection from their music. So what I am expecting from them might be inclined to the original style attached to the other various tune and musical elements. This is quite essential for taking a look at Coldplay's music and can do a very great job. And... alright, I know I shouldn't have compared Keane to Coldplay 'cause they are totally different bands. However, as Keane mentoined that they will not try to apply "sprawling concept album" this time but the belief and origin of their music which they are truly holding on, perhaps it's time for them to make a pause in experimenting on musical elements. I just couldn't agree with them more. For every Keane fans, we might be the first Keane fans to fall in love with them from their first album. We are nostalgic crowd actually, but what if this time Keane goes back and be constrained in the frame? I don't really know. What I am worry about is the conservative musical elements which might block thier way and then get stuck in a groove. I don't think they like to be defined as some sort of "that kind" or "that type" of music, or your band's music should have gone like some way, like this way...etc. which for them falls on a restraint by audiences and even themselves! But it appears that Keane don't really worry about it at all, they feel excited and great for 16 songs in their new album. Alright, maybe I am too anxious about them. To my expectation, the waiting of new album from Keane seems to greet me with a chaos in my mind for Fears as well as with a silence which soothes me for Hopes by the wait-and-see.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea