Why Does Antonio Still Lend Money To Bassanio? (my viewpoint in temporariness)




I'm pretty glad I've made the decision of my own. Because I have been always recognized as the Hamlet who seems to live in this modern time, I usually become very indecisive and melancholy. Oh, god, yeah, it is me, truly me, believe it or not. Besides, it occurs to me to think about a character in The Merchant of Venice, written by Shakespeare. That guy is Antonio. This week teacher asked us why Antonio still lends a great deal of money to Bassanio. My interpretation for this question might focus on the psychological aspect of Antonio. The story is set for them as a pair of good friend. However, Antonio is born to be melancholy for no reasons, but he sometimes is looking forward to seeing Bassanio come over. Seen in this light, I wonder Antonio has a great passion on getting together with Bassanio since Antonio feel a great comfort and relief from Bassanio through talking with and getting together with him. The moment they spend seems to give Antonio an inexplicable feeling and emotion even though Bassanio has a crush on Portia, a rich and beautiful blonde. Antonio needs the connection with Bassanio no matter how extravagant Bassanio is or even worse because he considers Bassanio can somehow fulfill the melancholy hole of his, making him better for his "unknown anxiety" for a while. Therefore, Bassanio's problem of lack of money gains the extrication from Antonio and turns out the means to get the shortcut toward Portia. Perhaps Bassanio may have something positive or courageous that Antonio lacks. If Antonio were to end the relationship with Bassanio, he might find another comfort better than the former. Well, just make a guess. The story is still to be continued, who knows ~ and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the plot in this film.

Picture source 1 / Picture source 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?