Patternmaker

Something of traditional Chinese words printed on the leaflet. When I unfolded the paper, there was the artistic inscription upon. The landlady told me if it was the time to leave here since there was a man who would like to offer me a vacant apartment in Taipei. It seemed to be a better opportunity for me to abandon all of the things right away and make my elopement toward that man. But I just received an artistic leaflet that inscribed some traditional Chinese words imitated by an artist's handwriting. The leaflet was a sea-blue paper with the black lightface. At first I thought I couldn't recognize this artist's handwriting until I get it close to me. The words were not merely the words but something more like drawing within. At first I saw the word "條" at the first position and then after three words was "離". Others were forgotten except this two words especially on my mind. The word "條" looked so complicated for its line in disorder, portraying like a split rattan that was gradually loosening its vines. "離" was like a small maze within the word itself, characterizing a sort of minute factory involving assemblage of all parts in a machine. It was like a circuit input in any i-phone if I overlooked this word. At that time the man stopped calling me while I was absorbed in the wonder of the words upon the leaflet. He began to shun and only offered a choice for me to see if I was to take it or not. Perhaps he tried to unleash the freedom from me, or he turned out to be a lure which I was in pursuit of his offering. Subsequently I overheard a new lodger staying in the room opposite to mine. I did not see the lodger inside but the lodger's room that was full of brightness and fresh air within, while my room was still draped the curtains blocking the air from the outside. I intended to draw the curtain aside but it seemed to transform a blue flower cocktail dressing in front of me. Where was the man? I desired to meet him as if entering his place was my last straw. But why did I still suspend myself irresolutely and then was diving into such blue flower dressing through passing in and out? When doing this, I suddenly woke up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea