We Are Asians

A Taiwanese girl got accustomed to the life related to the Western style very much; however, she suffered the critics from other Taiwanese friends, saying that she cares for having fun with those foreigners who are from America or Europe. But she told me that those photos on Facebook were posted by the foreign friends. She was just tagged by those photos, that's all. She said why people merely take the appearance and superficial meaning on the way she does. It's pretty shallow, don't they think? It has been a trouble that if she comes with other Asian people whom come from Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Philippines or even Taiwan...etc. Others won't take a look on her, even a slightest moment seems to cost much time on their own. My roomy and I listened to her situation and confront her with warm talking, giving her support at last, but who knows that she will have another suffering next time?

Down to the slope in school, my roomy told me, "she shouldn't have worried such a thing since she has been travelling around a good many countries and deserves the friendship with those foreign friends with western background in her family. In addition, she gains more opportunities than anyone of us for the parties and travel with foreigners... you know that we don't have much money like her, going anywhere and making friends with different countries, I mean, you know, America, England, France, and other European counties, and Australia, New Zealand of course. Majoring in English, our dreams are to fulfill in such one of ways. That's what we want, isn't it?! She should be more precious for what she has because we can never be like her, which can be so lucky..."
Well, I had nothing to say to my roomy, only some simple sentence in my mind,
"We are Taiwanese, and don't forget that, we are Asians for no reasons."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea