Make It a New One

Desolation erodes me, just don't want any second accidents happen in Taiwan, truly, especially in my hometown. Fortunately, I got new life of Tame Impala to listen to, which will make me move on my step. After listening to "Mind Mischief," I suppose to click its live version. To my amazement, the live version gives the audiences a distinctive taste, unlike the complete lyrics to be sung, it merely is to be given the chorus part in singing by the vocalist and the rest of the melody presented. Perhaps the recorded one has something to do with the synthetic chord in artificial technique which I hardly know, but more surprise is that the vocalist plays the riff by singing the chorus in every live version of this song, which means it seems to be re-glaze the original one, and there is a small attempt to perform the same song as play it by the vocalist's ear. He makes the song a new one even in those live versions. Quite fascinating!
Another thing is that I come across a question today. It is about reality TV shows. It asks that: Do you think reality TV reflects real life, or is it exaggerated? Explain.
I am not sure if I could answer this question accurately; however, reality TV shows may somehow too dramatic and a waste of time watching people on TV encountering such ups and downs. But how could we define the "real life"? Isn't it chaotic most of the time? But the question is searching for a definite position of two poles between "real life" and "something beyond real life." Exaggerated means that the reality TV may be performed melodramatic or full of ups and downs beyond the form of our real lives. This may indicates that such exaggeration may create a form to fit the common understanding or basic recognition of our real lives. Furthermore, the content of reality TV shows may be manipulated or controlled by the media chiefly. And this is how I understand this question but refuse to give a certain answer that which one would be the better than the other one. Rather, I just tend to "problematize" the question, make this question a new question...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea