Great Songs Ever

Recently I've found some great bands and their songs though they've been popular for a long time and the other were old-fashioned. Well, anyway they are still fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Pulp and Red Hot Chili Pepper are two great bands that I discovered the other day. Pulp's "Underwear" and "Disco 2000" are so fabulous because the voice of the vocalist is so low that reminds me of the style of "back to the ancients." And a band that can be heard at least one or zero times since I bet you've never heard of them, The Wedding Present's "Interstate 5." And Smashing Pumpkin's "1979," a recollection of past in young age when studying at school. Perhaps I will have cried by the time I graduate from university and have more sense of sentiment for being sad, ha ha, who knows. Well, these are great songs that I've been listening to. In addition, I'd like to recommend Red Hot Chili Pepper's new song, "Monarchy of Roses," which reveals the mixed sound of bass which transforms the melody from rough to smooth. The rough part somehow discloses the monarchy which works in conformity. It's like some significant political role making an short speech used by the megaphone. And the smooth part seems to represent the roses that the love of liberty, exposing the constraint to the public whom feels this kind of delight and some other positive side towards the odd condition they have. But I think the most coolest part should be the core of those scratches with  their music, don't know if they collaborate with an artist, Raymond Pettibon. However they did apply the caricature of Raymond Pettibon to the musical video. It leads us to explore Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Monarchy of Roses" through following the scratches and its sense of fluidity with the melody for we can obtain the meaning of the song profoundly with less effort. Ha, and something occurs to me. If I were a teacher, I would assign this song for students by choosing one idiom from this song as the deconstruction to give interpretations on their own. For instance, though there are many idioms within, I think the latter part, "PAINT THE ALL UNUTTERABLE," which is the most striking, and "the unutterable" may falls on the face of music or something abstract , but anyway, it impresses me a lot since the words are so short but embodies the concept of limitless with freedom, showing the potentialities of infinite and possibilities of imaginative power for every human beings.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea