What If She Died Young?

The more I listen to this song, the more I'm moved peacefully somehow. Consider this, what if I die in young age? Well, I had been thinking about this question before. I might ask for playing my favorite songs and publishing my writing works in my funeral, perhaps that's all. I'm just twenty-one-year old, and I'm still building my grand castle with elaborate bricks. How could I ask for more? The phase of mine in college has made me satisfy with my dreams, I mean the dream in college only. Nonetheless, I wonder how influential I am for people to look at me and even judge me. At present, both literature and music are still my favorite things to explore. And what if I change the lyrics a bit:

/If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a, bed of lilacs
Sink me in the river, at dawn
Send me away with the words of Keane's songs/

Ha ha, just some fantasies~



Amy Winehouse
Well, listening to this song not only makes me think of my condition but also Amy Winehouse. I would not forget that morning day, I woke up and turned on the telly for listening the news CNN. I didn't wore my glasses so I came close to the screen and saw "Winehouse." At first, I thought it was the basement for storing wines. Funny, wasn't it? But I immediately recognized her name "Amy Winehouse," and there was a short moment cheered me up for seeing her news on TV. So I looked down the title saying "Amy Winehouse found dead at her London's house, only 27." After seeing this, a peace and lovely morning cracked by my horrible screaming. Gosh, that was a terrible morning. The worst thing was that, I didn't sleep well last night on that day 'cause I got a vague image and  inspiration for composing poetry again though the topic of the poem this time was very negative and desperate. It somehow related Amy Winehouse's condition. I didn't have any clue if this vision might connected to her. But again, it still made me uncomfortable for learning her death.  She died last month, and it made me feel very very sad. She was only twenty seven. Besides, I knew she was addicted to the drugs and battling with it for a couple of years. And I got a premonition that she might die someday in her young age. To my amazement, the information of her death came so soon, it made me so hard to believe this kind of situation. And that morning day, which shocked me deeply, was engraved in my heart. By the way, there is something interesting that when a person died, he or she begins to get noticed by public especially. Just like the lyrics here,
/Funny when you're dead how people start listenin'/
Ha, I don't know why. Perhaps it is our basic sympathy that can compare other sides for the least part.



The inspiration of this song is based on the poem called The Lady of Shalott, composed by Alfred Tennyson. Quite unusual.




                                 The Band Perry- If I Die Young



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea