When Roaming in Venice


   

I step onto the rowboat
Taking off my heavy coat

The gondolier smiles at me
As if he were about to lull me
Along the river course
With a lovely rose

Here the unknown pictures lie
On every brick of the house
I am dreaming but also looking at
Those various picturesque style
And the gondolier's lovely smile

The gratification of meandering here
Is certainly not everybody called weird
Only for a narrow-winded river course
Seems so different as if it had been cursed
The gondolier stop rowing
And I'm no longer dreaming

This weird river course confuses us
Still there are lots of artistic pictures
Painting on every brick of houses

"Let's go back, my dear."
Said the gondolier
I finally know we can never reach there
For someone must stay out of there.

Picture source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea