Finding Your Own Voice- Linda Alper

In today's speech, Linda Alper introduces the tone of the lines in Shakespeare's dramas. At the beginning, Linda lets us vividly see the royal and noble families from Hamlet by holding the playing card. I think that was also interesting since the players seemed to feel that they were the role while holding the cards. They somehow own the sense of identification in the process even though they need not to act out the drama. And I think it's really helpful for me to get involved in the emotion and the situation of the characters more quicker than merely reading the lines. In addition to that, I had learned the iambic pentameter in sophomore, and I used to watch people recite the poems on stage. Nevertheless, I feel the words between the lines are suddenly "alive" while reading them by me with the tone and feature of iambic pentameter in front of the public. Oh, that was really amazing when reading out loud! After that, Phaedra and I came back to the seats, and we practiced the simple line from Romeo and Juliet on the sheet, saying "Ay me!" "She speaks!" Quite fun! Haha~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea