Psychoanalysis v.s. Postcolonialism

     It's annoying that I haven't decided yet to do research about particular literary theory. I have been thinking about the psychoanalysis, it captivates me for a while but lies extreme difficulty in its depth for innate human complexities. Freud, Lacan and June...etc. Their theories in psychoanalysis are very popular, no matter in public or in academic. For me, sometimes I'm afraid of the depth that fars from our way of living, what I'm trying to say is that, too difficult to be understood because of the alienation from the public in a great distance. And I'm also afraid of being far from people whom I get along with since I have been troubled by the alienation and abjection from others for my mentality. Perhaps people can hardly see the difference between other and I, yet, the inner complexities traps me in dealing with the interaction with people. To understand and contemplate the difficulties might do me good; nevertheless, how far does the possibility of outer reception go for perceiving its meaning? I really don't have a clue. I worry about it not because for my meager capability of understanding but for the great impact on the face of lacking the completeness and out of proportion.
     Later, the postcolonialism catches up, and I found it interesting to disscuss the repressed color people and the relationship between the Occidental and the Oriental. The rumination of the repressed evokes my intention to dig the racial issue and its cultural diversities. The crucial factor putting in the paper mainly demonstrats the misconception and misunderstanding for each sides. And the color issue sparked me by its variety of culture and the spirit of heteroglossia. It enriches the discouse in a multiple technique of expression, not only does the imperialist pressure the colonist, but also be given the rumination (leading them to insert introspection or self-examination) by the colonists profoundly. But, the problem is, how does it go far? I mean, the issue, to be extended in some certain creativity. Hard, don't you think?
     Struggling with these two literary theories, I need to find a way out. Hope that I can obtain some notions owning high potential beyond others' expectation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea