Our Dinner Time - part 2

“Well, um, yeah, it sounds quite sweet of you…ha….” Wondered about his words though, I found his behavior and way of talk seemed to imply that it was time for us to set down our glass.
“You can just think about it and call me tonight if you please, this is just between you and me.” And he gave me a pretty seductive blink before leaving.
     Gosh, what had I done? And he had to do this for me. I didn’t have any clue, but I knew for sure I was attracted by his dating hint. I was still thinking about his blinking, it could trouble me at night leading to insomnia. 
     While carrying my meal to the table, another guy suddenly pat me on my shoulder. He was C. And he looked much handsome than H without a doubt. But he was too gentle to get along with. Still, he was a good friend of mine. To my amazement, he was trying to ask me to have a date for our dinner time,
“Hey, um, I’m wondering if you have a free time tomorrow for having a dinner with me. Would you mind that…”
“Oh, I…I’m so sorry. I’ve been seeing someone.”
“Oh, cool...so cool, huh?”
“Uh, ha… yeah…so cool…” I wondered why he had to throw such awkward condition between us. It was weird, didn’t he think so? However, I felt a little pity that he was a bit late than H for asking me to have a date with him.
     Losing my mind, I began to think they might get an eye for me. I felt a great feeling for happiness in love. It was the time that love was coming over and knocking my door. Perhaps it was also my golden opportunity to date both of them. And I would open the door without second thought 'cause there were a series of love snenery among H, C, and me deeply in my mind.
     All of a sudden, there was a light harshing to my eye. When opening my lids, I saw a clear sky, the birds’ singing and the rumble-tumble greeting my eyes. Oh, god! Damn it! That was just a dream…a dream…
     Soon, very soon, the melody occurred in my mind somehow…And that was the classic, "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M., which I listen to and sing this song time and again these days... Somehow I brought the image of lyrics into my dream, and it had become a story of my own.
    

R.E.M.- Losing My Religion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Why Does Antonio Still Lend Money To Bassanio? (my viewpoint in temporariness)

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll