How Do You Get Up from an All Time Low?

Recently I've been listening to this song, and I pretty love it because it reminds me of the short period of time for the last semester when I had loads of assignments to accomplish in urgency. One of the great assignments was "research paper." Ha, you know it was almost  killing me more or less at that time. I had been thinking and doubting myself if I could do it successfully in the end. But the time wouldn't wait for me and even sent me to "the failure zone." And I had been circling the question since I had received my first failure research. To my disappointment, it seemed I couldn't figure out that question. Still, it brought me to the vast desert where was nothing but lay in solitude. Everything there was quite vague, as if I had seen the mirage here and there. It dogged me all the time and I couldn't even get it off. Every night I had been thinking how I could break off this extreme condition I had. But you know the desert is still the desert. They would not give you anything you wanted unless there was an oasis right there comforting you and supporting you to go on. Here the lyrics show "I'm in pieces / 'It seems like peace is / The only thing I never know." It somehow perfectly describes the predicament I had at that time.

In this song, the introduction pours into a great tune as if something happens in a firm belief and determination.  And the melody gets pretty clear for the information of its lyrics. 
"Praying won't do it
Hating won't do it
Drinking won't do it
Fighting won't knock you out
Of my head"


In addition, the song's meaning is very clear and somehow suits the melody. When listening to the introduction, it's like your friend, your family or even your teacher tell you the way you behave. But somehow it might not work 'cause you may be sick of hearing their words. It appears that these five boys tell us we should get a resolution to do things in a certain transition of our own. Their young element, spirit and energy show a pure motivation motivating us to stride forward, or I should say, they are quite good-looking, singing with their magnetic voices for you, hoping that you can hold on and keep going 'cause you should know "no pain, no gain." The pain doesn't mean you should merely suffer from a great deal of difficulties and becomes a sophisticated person. Of course it can be referred by it. Nonetheless, I think you'll find a chance or golden opportunity which makes you fain, but when it comes to the setback to you, how can you learn the lesson or turn your frustration into your motivation? The meaning is like its lyrics "How do you get up from an all time low?" So I feel I'm enthralled by listening this song time and again since it gives me not just only a pop English song but also a vivid scene of "my difficult assignment period," having gone through this kind of setback and move on with my persistence, undergoing a different lesson and life.

The Wanted- All Time Low

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Why Does Antonio Still Lend Money To Bassanio? (my viewpoint in temporariness)

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll