Kinky Love, My Old Memories and Queer Elaboration

I was at the restaurant having dinner with my classmate. In the middle of chatting, I overheard of a song called "Kinky Love." At that time, I was not sure where I had heard this kind of melody before; however, I was enamored by its melody and the singer's tone. It was like dreaming in dream while you were in reality but remained awake. Besides, the tone of this song sounds like a French lady's. And then it seems that I have remembered where this melody comes from. It derives from one complete CD which my best friend lend me in my junior high school. Long time ago that I recalled the memory I had in junior high school while enjoying the music of this song in delightful mood. This song could be released for me when facing a great burden of my assignment during the period of study and loads of exams somehow. I was so excited that soon I checked this song after returning home, finding that this song actually is derived from British alternative rock band, Pale Saints, the shoegazing and dream pop one. To my surprise, this song was released in 1991, the time when I was one-year old. Moreover, this band literally was in a long standing in their flourish. Intriguingly, this song still captivates me for reviving the memories of mine and the singer's tone. And there is an opportunity for me to meet this band in the past.

The musical video shows a bit homosexuality in my opinion. There are four young men playing altogether on the bed, characterizing a fairy tale-like scene in the forest. With this "kinky" or queer relationship recognized by social consensus among them, it seems that they don't even care about others' perspective so far, spontaneously revealing a close interaction with each other, having more than pleasure satisfaction in between. In addition, there are some peculiar interruptions such as white mouses relishes the big cake, and the spider crawling around. Furthermore, the golden apple which appears at the beginning has been bitten with nothing left, remaining the purple seed, not sure if it symbolizes the forbidden fruit that may trace back to the allusion of Adam and Eva in the bible. Nonetheless, the female vocal looks at the river as if she is singing while thinking of something deep in fantasy. She seems to fantasizes another realm of her inner facet of four youthful men, concentrating on singing for their peculiar relationship among others, manifesting their unique pleasure bound at the very moment and place of one's memorable interlude. For me, this song sounds soothing but once I have watched its musical video together with the song, it actually is a bit creepy but enthralling at the deepest of my mind. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea