A Depressed One

The sense of anxiety never fades when I become happy. One achieves something and then begins to worry about the next thing that has not done yet. Anxiety loves to tickle me, and I believe I am not the only one, especially in the aspect of society. Thinking about the age, the social experiences and the future, one's lifetime is such a blink as one keeps dealing with trouble made by others or self. Busy or not, the question that always flickers in my mind is the place where I can go. Still have no clue though. To have a high-paying job, to get married and to have a child...etc. Are these really the ultimate goals in my life? Having these can be happier than having none. However, it's like one turns out a sinner if he or she does not get married and furthermore has a family. It's also like one becomes wrong if having a sense of confusion along the way, not to mention one's anxiety. Society is hardly the one to be blamed, for it only pushes people to go forward by entering into a certain mode. When people are little, it is quite easy to feel happy. As the time goes by, most people may find that to be happy is uneasy. ─ "Perhaps I ought not to be such a pessimist, or I would no longer be happy." ─ Most of the time I persuade myself into this quote. If I don't do this, others will. A depressed person, as I always am and will be, is still alive. The question nonetheless might be: why should I have to deny it and try to get my act together to be a happy person? It's weird. Something interesting may not be the problem that I am the depressed one for causing the feeling of anxiety. The problem instead lies in the struggle of strenuously turning the depressed character into the happy one. In other words, one feels uncomfortable to be oneself as being happy. Trying to be happy or anything positive, as if one should open up one's mind, can be much more harsh than being depressed. Finally I realize, anxiety never fades as one tries to become others whom one does not truly fit. And I must have got old these years... My passion, my young heart, are you still there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea