New Page of Booming Literature

Recently I have fallen into a colossal abyss provided by a hidden change for me. On such critical circumstance that mingles with personal depression, I still make my own decision and then choose the course of Post-colonialism and Chaucer. Both courses are not my favorites, not to mention my profession in Western Literature. However, I would like to give it a shot since I am about to start a new page of booming literature from the authors of Malaysia, Algeria, and some other less known countries. To be frank, I have no background and such similar experiences of post-colonial conscious or its affect. Nevertheless, my country has been colonized by Japan before. Sometimes I still can sense the residual of colonial consciousness from my grandparents, which they often memorize how Japanese treat them in terms of the public security, way of life and their livelihood. However, I think the most essential thing might be the language in my country since it is actually influenced by Japanese. And at that time people were not allowed to speak Chinese. Under such plight, the Taiwanese emerged and became the significance for Taiwan due to the combination of Japanese and Minnan dialect. Still, I am not so into the field of post-colonialism, but most works labeled with 'canon' or 'paradigm' are presented too much and even commercialized. To re-read and re-write the classics are required since the meaning has settled for ages or periods of time from certain critic or their authors. Perhaps I may take this chance to explore these literary works and get to know them better for broadening my horizon in booming literature and post-colonial criticism.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea