After reading J.J.'s Portrait in rough feedback

So tired and exhausted recently. I feel I can hardly catch on the class ever and ever. Last night, I read James Joyce's Portrait til 2 am. However, I discovered his notion in standing his position of the theme such as death, time, women, and the relationship between sin and fidelity in terms of religion. Actually, it's quite cool to read his work since I feel like I am standing his viewpoint in criticizing the social phenomena. Portrait should be the book poured by his autobiographical style. And, to be an artist, he keeps seeking the real world where he can rely on and can combine both hatred and love. The instinct of being an artist discloses his character in his young age as a teenager. Nonetheless, Stephen, the protagonist, can be instinct to perceive the unknown power of the taste in artistic sense. This significantly points out the very core of the artist he would like to be. And I wish I could learn more and read deeper in Joyce's intention and experimental techniques.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea