Hamlet- Act 3, Scene 2

In today's lecture, I think Hamlet is too hysterical in directing his play. He surely wants his mother and uncle to see this play which may cause them sense of guilty. But I found something pretty weird. That is, Hamlet seems to consider that Ophelia's situation is like her mother's. As Hamlet mentioned before, "Frailty, thy name is woman," perhaps he truly thinks that every woman could have gone this kind of condition since he feels that Ophelia may betray him, saying to her that "I could interpret between you and your lover if I could see the puppets dallying."  So what he thinks about the way his mother has done vents on Ophelia's situation toward him. Upon learning this, he exposes his assumed experience of betrayal by directly talking to Ophelia though he's still performing madness. For me, this is the most interesting part I've found so far.

Btw, after playing the poison part, the King rises up uneasily. It gradually becomes a shock while Hamlet says to his uncle, "What, frightened with false fire?" It occurred to me a song that I've been listening to. This song somehow like Hamlet's voice expressing to the King at the moment. In the lyrics, "the game" somehow like Hamlet's madness or the play he directed. And the King is afraid of the murder which might be caught by Hamlet. So the mental state of being disclosed tends to be anxious for the King.
Through listening this song, it's just my reflection and feedback about Hamlet's play and the King's subtle psyche. Quite gripping and thrilling, methinks, ha~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes on W. S. Merwin's "Tergvinder's Stone"

Ronan Keating, Who Touches My Heart Feeling

A Hidden Element: British Rock 'n' Roll

Why Does My Heart Want to Confuse?

Take a look at learning attitude through Emerson's idea